Non-Fat Tuesday: Germaine's Cake Cookies


In October of 2013, my grandma Germaine passed away. This will be our second Christmas without her in my family and we all miss her sooooo much! In honor of my grandma and keeping her spirit alive, I wanted to post her recipe for cake cookies.

Did you know that you can make cookies out of cake mix? My grandma did it every year with a variety of cake flavors and they are amazing! They also stay soft for over a week and they are so easy to make.

What You Will Need

  • 1- 18.25 Oz Box Cake Mix
  • 2-Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Oil
  • 2-Tablespoons Water
  • Sprinkles (Jimmies) of Your Choice


Directions

  1. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and water in a bowl.
  2. Place batter in the freezer for 30 minutes to thicken.
  3. Roll into 2-inch balls on a cookie sheet.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Sprinkles
Add your sprinkles to the cookies about half way through baking. If you try to add them when you take them out of the oven, they will not stick to your cookie.

**Thank you for reading! I hope that you try this recipe and enjoy a tasty memory that I have of my Gram Germaine. I love and miss you, Gram!! <3 **


Comments

  1. Wow, that's easy! Thank you for posting your grandma's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I miss her so it felt good it share a piece of her during the holiday :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor