Makeup Monday: New Year's Eve Makeup and Nails


As promised last week, here is a double holiday makeup/nail tutorial for New Year's Eve. 2014 is almost over and the year has flown by! I am still not sure if I will be heading out for NYE, but I wanted to play with glitter make-up. Ignore my outfit, its football Sunday; Go Pack!!!

Makeup 
1. Apply foundation.


2. Apply Concealer.


3. Seal your liquids with a pressed powder.


4. Apply bronzer under your cheeks. I filled my eyebrows at this point also.


5. Apply a light blush. You just want a hint of pink.


6. Apply eyelid primer


7. Use a light gold eye shadow for your lid.

I hit pan :(

8. Apply a medium brown eye shadow to your brow bone.



9. Apply a dark brown shadow to the corner of your eye. For a more dramatic look, blend into the light brown shadow on your brow.



10. Apply liner to the waterline. Keep your eyes looking more open by putting a little gold in the inner bottom corners of your eyes.


I opened my eye like this so the camera could see!

11. Apply some glitter. I found these Wet 'n Wild Glitter Shadows for $0.69 each at Walgreen's. I was impressed but the glitter kind of gets everywhere so beware.



12. Apply eyeliner to the top of your lid.


13. Finish your look with mascara. You can also add false lashes for a more dramatic look.


Finished Face
I added a Barbie pink lip for NYE! Love this color.


NYE Nails

Look 1
Black and Gold Nails

Polishes that I used: Black and Gold Glitter


1. Apply a nail primer to protect your nails from staining. Then, add a solid black color.



2. Apply glitter to the tips of your nails or the full nail. I did both to create an accent nail on my ring finger. Seal with a strengthening top coat.


Look 2
Nude and Silver Nails

Polishes that I used: nude, chunky glitter, and fine glitter.


1. Apply nail primer to protect your nails and paint them nude.


2. Apply the fine glitter first and wait for it to dry.


3. Apply the chunky glitter and a top coat.



**I hoped that you enjoyed this post. Thank you for reading!! Which nail color combo is your favorite? I like them both equally for NYE. Please leave your comment/ questions below. Happy Monday!**

Comments

  1. I always enjoy your posts. Your face is as beautiful BEFORE makeup as after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patty!!! You are my number one fan. Thank you for always providing feedback!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor