Makeup Monday: Simple Thanksgiving Makeup & Nails

 

Thanksgiving is almost here so I wanted to put out a simple Thanksgiving makeup tutorial. This is actually my first full face tutorial so I hope that you enjoy it! I am also including two different nail style ideas that would be perfect for any Thanksgiving event.


 Colors of shadow that I used:
  • Nude Pink- all over as base
  • Maroon- brow bone
  • Dark Brown- crease






Directions
1. Apply foundation.




















2. Apply concealer.




















Blend concealer in a downward motion but do not rub in completely.




















3. Seal and blend with powder.




















I did stop and fill in my eyebrows at this point. If you want to see a tutorial on how to fill in your eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil, please click here,


4. Apply eyeshadow primer (optional) and then add a nude base to your entire eye.




















5. Apply the maroon colored shadow to your brow bone. If you don't have brushes, just use your finger to blend it in!




















6. Add a little dark brown to the corner of your eye. Again, you can use your pinky for this step.




















You should end up with something like this.



7. Add some blush. I like to do all of my powders at once so I can clean the area where loose powder tends to fall at the top of my cheek. 

Sucking your cheeks in will help you find your cheekbones, which is where you want your blush.
















8. Apply eyeliner to the top and bottom of your lids. I decided to wing my eyeliner for this look. Side note, I will be doing an eyeliner tutorial very soon!







































Tip: Try adding a gold accent to the inner corner of your eye.

9. Finish the eye with some mascara.





















10. And, finish your look with some deep red lipstick.





















Finished Look

I left the bow so that my bangs didn't get in the way.

NAILS 

Yellow, Red, Gray, and Nude with gems


Mauve, Pink, and Gold

The shine is cuticle cream. My cuticles are rough!

**Thanks for reading. Let me know in the comments what you think about the look and if you would try it out!**

Comments

  1. You looked great in all the pics. I'll be happy if I can get my hair washed before the gathering on Thanksgiving! Question: what should I do about my eyes seeming to sink back into my head when I put on eye shadow?? Even the mauve colors you used on your eyes here would make my eyes sink back. Thanks, Jess! Your blog is so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty thank you so much for the compliment! It gave me an excuse to get pretty on a Sunday :) You probably have small eyes so you should be using neutral colors on your lids. You can highlight (brow bone) with a brighter color like pink or mauve but keep warmer tones. If you use something too bright, your eyes will look smaller. Try using Google or Pinterest to find makeup for small eyes to see some examples. Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor