Makeup Monday: My Fall Nail Polish Picks

Well, it has been too long since I've done a nail post on Makeup Monday so, I decided to share my favorite Fall nail polish picks. These polishes are from last year's collections but are still available in stores. I am including these polishes because I love them for both the shades and formulas of each collection. If you aren't able to find any of these specific shades, I would love to know what duplicate shades for any color that you found!

1. Nude

My Pick:
China Glaze  
Innocent, #202

This color looks great as a base for a french manicure or alone. During the Fall season, the weather tends to dry out your hands, which can leave your skin looking dull. Nude nails create the illusion of tan, healthy hands.








2. Mauve

My Pick:
NYC In a Minute 
Park Ave, #246

I love purple and using mauve polish is a great way to continue to wear purple during the Fall season. This color is just beautiful and the finish is very shiny. And it does dry pretty quickly!


Here is a nail art design that I did recently using this color as a base.

















 3. Red

My Pick:
Wet n Wild
Red Red, #C414A

This shade is a Cosmo girl pick for red polish. The formula is thick, and the color reminds me of an old classic car. I typically wear red polish nearing the end of Fall but it is definitely a color that can be worn year-round.








4. Dark Brown

My Pick:
L'Oreal 
Breaking Curfew, #404

Fall is probably the only time that I wear brown polish and I love this shade! The color almost looks black but has red undertones in the light. I would highly recommend the L'Oreal nail polishes because the formula is amazing for being drug store brand polish!







5. Black

My Pick:
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
Onyx

Black is definitely becoming a classic nail polish color that can be worn year-round! Black polish especially looks good against all of the reds, yellows, and browns that we tend to wear in Fall. I really like the Complete Salon Manicure polishes by Sally Hansen because the formula contains a nail strengthener within the polish, which helps with growth and reduces chipping. 



**What are your favorite Fall nail polish colors and brands? Leave your answer in the comments below! Please like and share this post. Thanks for reading!!**

Comments

  1. Love the nude and mauve colors! Does the red nail color come off say when you're folding letters? I wore a deep red polish in my early 20's when I worked in the mail room of an office. When I had to fold stacks of letters to stuff into envelopes, the red would leave streak on the letters. But that was a LONG time ago (40 years) so is this a problem with new polishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes that happens with a lot of the colors that I pick. When I know that I have to do some type of mailing, I tend to keep my nails bare. I also like to give my nails a break from painting sometimes but then they all start to break.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor