Makeup Monday: Nail Art Tools and Tips

Rack from Amazon.com
The final part of my nail polish series is going to be nail art tools and tips. Nail art is fun and easy, with practice, and can save you money versus going to a nail salon. I am not a professional in any way but I have had a love for nail art for years so I have built quite a collection. This post may make me sound like an Amazon sales person but hey, Amazon is cheap and has everything!

Mini Polishes
I keep my tiny polishes in an old candy dish that I had and wasn't using. I love keeping them in here because it looks nice and saves room on my polish rack.


Striping polish
This brand of polish works great for making french tips and other nail designs. It is sold at Family Dollar and Dollar Tree for $1 each. The brush is thin and long so it works well for fine lines as well. The one negative thing about this polish is that it gets clumpy before you finish the bottle but its cheap so you can easily replace it.


Striping Brushes
These brushes are really cheap and can be used with all of your nail polishes. When using my striper brushes, I just pour nail polish onto a piece of wax paper and dip. These brushes are around $2 on Amazon and can be cleaned by simply soaking them in nail polish remover and a paper towel.

Konad Stamper
This stamper is by far the coolest invention to nail art! This does have an "As Seen on TV" product duplicate but the plate quantity is a rip off. If you want to have instant designs that are dry immediately, get the Konad Stamping Kit. The kit comes with 30 plates, a stamper, and scraper for $12.99 on Amazon. It has tips, holiday stamps, etc. And there are a ton of nail art tutorials on YouTube using this stamper. I got mine a few years back so you cannot beat the price that the product is currently.



Dotting Tools
I love my dotting tools! These are the cheapest set on Amazon but they have some pretty ones! The dots are various sizes so you can make designs with small, medium, and large sized dots. If you don't want to buy dotting tools, you can use a few different objects as a substitute like:






 A Bobby Pin head
 Cut Cotton Swab
Dried-out Pen Tip















Toothpick. Cut the point off for a larger dot. You can also use a toothpick to make swirls off of the dots that you make.







Nail Supply Storage
I keep most of my supplies and nail art tools in a drawer in my desk. I have cotton balls hidden in a container on my desk. I usually do my nails at my desk so I have a place mat from Dollar Tree that I use when painting my nails to avoid damaging my desk surface.







Christmas is coming so these would make great gifts and are cheap! If you want to start doing your own nail designs, the best way is to have the right tools. And practice, practice, practice.

**Next week I will be back to actual makeup topics on Makeup Monday :) Let me know if you would like to see more nail related posts or maybe some nail design tutorials in the future in the comments below. Thanks for reading!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor