Makeup Monday: Foundation and Facial Skin Care Tips + Contest Winner!

I was recently asked to do a post about foundation and facial skin care tips recently so I am fulfilling that request. I will be covering everything from basic skin care to choosing the right foundation and concealer, as well as tips for applying your face makeup.



Face Primer
While I don't use my face primer as often as I should, face primer is wonderful if you want a flawless look. Face primer seals your pores and creates a smoother look when applying foundation. My favorite drugstore primer is made by L'Oreal and runs about $10.






Number One for Oily Skin!

Foundation
My top favorite choices for drugstore foundation are Revlon 24-Hour Colorstay and Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation. My face gets pretty oily and these work great with my skin.

I cannot really tell you what type to get because it is all based on your skin-type but for a perfect match, head to your nearest Sephora. Sephora offers something called Color-IQ for free, which gives you your perfect foundation color. You also get a free foundation sample when you get your perfect match.
Your foundation should be applied all over your face and neck.


















Small Stipple Brush
Avoid using your hands to apply your foundation because of the natural oils in them. When you apply your foundation, you want to use a brush to ensure that you aren't clogging your pores while applying the makeup. My favorite stipple brush is made by Elf and runs about $3 from Target. It is also available on the Elf Website.






Concealer
Concealer should be the second step in applying your face makeup. You can Google where on your face that you should apply concealer, but the main spot should be under your eyes if you have darker under-eyes. Your concealer should always be a shade lighter than your foundation as it is typically used to correct dark spots. My favorite concealer is Maybelline Age Rewind because its thick and is made to correct dark eye circles, which I have!









Pressed Powder
Seal your foundation and even out the concealer with pressed powder. One of the best drug store pressed powders is L'Oreal True Match because it really does blend the way that the formula and packaging suggests!










BB Cream
If you want a more natural cover or don't have too many blemishes to cover, you can always opt for BB Cream. Just about all makeup brands make BB Cream now so doing some research on which brand is good for your skin type is a must before purchasing.













Oil Absorbing Sheets
If you have an oily face like me, get some of these sheets! These sheets are great because they remove oil but not your makeup. The originator of this product is Clean and Clear but Elf now also has some that are just $1, available at Target.













Facial Care


Face Wash
Be sure that you wash your face daily! You should also use makeup remover to be sure that you get all of your makeup off completely. Your face wash should also be right for your skin type so be sure that you aren't getting something too harsh for your face.














Exfoliate Oily Skin
I have this Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser with scrubbing pads that I use once a week. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin or that have a lot of blackheads. Exfoliating can be harsh on your face so I would limit it to once a week if you do buy this product. It runs on batteries, which are included, and can be purchased at any drug store.











Weekly Face Mask
There are so many face masks available that you can buy. Treat yourself at least once a week, your skin will thank you. I have an eye mask that I keep in my fridge but you can always use cucumbers on your eyes to reduce swelling and puffy eyes. 












And as promised, the winner of the Multipurpose stand is: Jamie S!! I did draw this name from a hat so I promise, I didn't just pick anyone! Thank you to everyone who is a continuing email subscriber. More contests to come. Congratulations, Jamie!

**What is your weekly skincare routine? Leave it in the comments below! Thank you for reading!!**

Comments

  1. You have such good suggestions all the time. I have never used a face primer but might have to start now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really worth the money! It lasts forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor