Makeup Monday: Drug Store Liquid Eyeliner Review


When doing my eye make-up I tend to wing my eyeliner just about every time. Since I do this look so often, I almost always use a liquid liner to line the top of my eye.

While there are tons of great high-end liquid liners that would get the job done guaranteed or your money back, who can afford to buy them monthly? I sure can't so I am always on the hunt for the best drug store liquid eyeliners. For the last six months, I have been trying out various products, so here are my opinions on those I purchased from worst to best.

WORST

NYC Liquid Eyeliner


Walmart
Price: $2.74 USD

My Rating: 2/10

This eyeliner is cheap so I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but it did at first. The brush is long so you will need to be experienced in liquid liner to use this product. While the formula is thick, this liner is not waterproof, so you may have smudging or missing liner as the day goes on, And not to mention, do not get this in your eye when wet because it burns! The formula gets clumpy quickly.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Liquid Liner


Walmart
Price: $5.47 USD

My Rating: 1/10

This liner claims to be able to thin and thick line your eyes but that is a lie. This eyeliner is like a marker under the cap. While the tip shaped differently depending on what angle you hold the pen at, either way comes out thick. Do not even waste your money on this product!


Maybelline Line Stiletto


Walmart
Price: $5.97 USD

My Rating: 4/10

This is a great liner if you are just learning how to apply liquid liner. Line Stiletto's thin brush applicator and short wand offer control to the user. The brush is not as stiff so it is easy to make mistakes though so the slower you apply this liner, the better.


BEST

Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliner


Walmart
Price: $7.45 USD

My Rating: 8/10

While I have not tried the black liner yet, the Malani glitter liquid liners are gorgeous! The felt brush offers control in the line thickness, and the colors are beautiful! The one flaw that I find in this product is that the applicator could be shorter so it's easier to hold when applying. I really hope that Malani comes out with glitter liners in some metallic gold and silver, I would buy them!


L'Oreal Lineur Intense


Target
Price: $8.99 USD

My Rating: 9/10

This eyeliner is like graduating from the Maybelline Line Stiletto. The applicator brush is short to offer control in application and also has a felt tip. This liner is definitely worth the price and will give you the thin or thick line that you desire.


L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim Eyeliner

 
Target
Price: $6.99 USD

My Rating: 10/10

I hope that L'Oreal never stops making this liner! This is a pen with a felt tip. Can you draw a straight line with a pen? If so, you can do your eyeliner with precision. 'Nough said!

**What is your favorite drug store liquid liner? Or do you prefer a pencil? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!!**

Comments

  1. I use pencil every day but have a brown liquid liner for special occasions. I am better with a pencil probably because I've used it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Liquid eyeliner takes practice. I used to be able to do a pencil line in a minute and now I struggle.

      Delete
  2. Now if you just do a how to apply this, it would be GREAT! Just can't get the curve thing going the right way. Even tried the tape I've seen. Still turns out to be a mess. Is there a "secret" to applying? Help! But thanks for the wonderful tips on which is best and worst! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying that I am going to make an eyeliner tutorial and I haven't yet. I think it would be a great idea for next week! Stay tuned!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor