Thrifty Thursday: DIY- Valentine's Day Wine Bottle



Valentine's Day is less than a month away and for the first time, I am putting up Valentine's decor in my house. Since I really don't own any Valentine's Day decor, I decided to go to my second favorite website, Pinterest (my blog is my first), to get some ideas.

Of course I found a ton of ideas but my time is limited so I am going to be doing a little DIY Valentine's Day Decor series. I am currently making decor pieces for my mantle so I decided to make a decorative Valentine's Day wine bottle.

What You Will Need:

  • An Empty Wine Bottle, cleaned and labels removed
  • Acrylic Paint (Your Choice of Colors)
  • Ribbon or Twine
  • Embellishments for your bottle (optional)

Directions:
1. Pour your paint into the jar. You can use a solid color or mix colors like I did.


2. Tip the bottle upside down to spread the paint. The paint will move slowly so don't worry about the liquid rushing out of the bottle.


Here is how my bottle turned out after the paint completely covered the inside:


3. Leave the bottle upside down to dry. Paint will come out so I would suggest using cardboard under a piece of paper towel.


After 12 Hours of Drying:


I added a Valentine's Day patterned bow to finish the bottle.


ANOTHER LOOK

You can also add twine to the bottle's neck for another look

Directions:
1. Add a layer of hot glue around the rim of the bottle neck top.


2. Continue wrapping the twine around the entire bottle neck. You can hot glue every layer if you would like, but I did not for this project. You will need to hot glue the last wrap to secure the twine.


When it's finished, you should end up with a bottle like this:


At this point, you can add embellishments or even use this bottle as a vase.

For more great DIY ideas, please visit my Valentine's Day board on Pinterest.

**More DIYs to come in the next few weeks. Leave your comments below letting me know which bottle you liked better. Thanks for reading!**

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor