Trial Tuesday: Baked Breakfast


Did you know that you can bake just about all of your breakfast foods? Well according to the internet you can, so I wanted to test these methods out. Since I didn't want to waste a ton of food if these recipes ended up failing, I scaled back the ingredients but the full recipes with links are below.


Bacon
I have done this 100 times before and I know that it works! While this is really not a trial, I wanted to include it in this post. Since I have modified this method and use varied cooking temperatures when baking, no recipe will be inserted.



Directions
1. Cover a cookie sheet with 2 pieces of aluminum foil.
2. Place strips of bacon on the sheet. If your bacon overlaps, the pieces will cook/ get stuck together so avoid putting too many strips on one pan.
3. Select baking temperature according to the time that you want your bacon to cook. I have inserted a chart below.

Baking Temperature Options and Times:

Baked Bacon
Temperature (F)
Cook Time
350
25-30 Minutes
375
15-20 Minutes
400
10-15 Minutes



After Baking just throw the aluminum foil away. Your pan should be grease free if you don't wait too long to throw the aluminum foil away (I suggest after about 10 minutes of cooling). The grease may still be warm so be careful not to spill out onto the pan or your hand.


No mess!
TRIAL

Scrambled Muffin Pan Eggs
I saw this idea on Pinterest and I had to try it. When searching for recipes I realized that the recipes really were just scrambled egg recipes with veggies, meats, etc. so I just made some simple eggs with cheese to test.

Ingredients

  • 2-Eggs
  • 1-Tablespoon Milk
  • 1-Pinch Salt
  • 1-Tablespoon Shredded Cheddar Cheese




Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients.
  2. Coat your muffin pan or simply use cupcake liners.
  3. Bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes

What Your Eggs Should Look Like:





These eggs were pretty AMAZING! I was able to get 3 muffin-sized egg patties when I was done. This would be a great way to serve for a breakfast buffet at home on a holiday! Or to make breakfast sandwiches. The eggs come out soft, but cooked. I was worried that they would dry out but that did not happen luckily.



Baked French Toast
I found this recipe on All Recipes.Com. There were a ton but again, keeping it simple for the trial. I was really excited to try this because I love French Toast, but I was skeptical because I had a feeling that this would come out a little soggy. See the original recipe with reviews here. Again, I scaled this recipe so consider that if you decide to make the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1-Pound of Sliced Bread
  • 8-Eggs
  • 2-Cups Milk
  • 1 1/2-Cups half-and-half creamer
  • 2-Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4-Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 3/4-Cup Butter
  • 1 1/3- Cups Brown Sugar
  • 3-Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup




Directions


  1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
  2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
  3. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
  4. Note: I did not let the mixture sit, I just made it right away. I don't know if that made a difference but it turned out.


    I felt like the bread could have been crispier but it actually turned out pretty good! I would like to try other variations of this recipe, like Apple-Cinnamon Baked French Toast in the future.   



    RESULTS: PASS

    **Yay, my first trial that worked out the way it was supposed it. And, I got to eat it all. Will you try any of these recipes? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!**

    Comments

    1. Yummy!! I knew about baking bacon and I have done that when I needed plenty of bacon but the rest was new to me. I like my french toast crispy though but the egg muffins looked good. I don't cook for an "army" anymore though but thanks for this info!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

    Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

    Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor