Makeup Monday: Makeup Inventory 2015


I am so excited for the new year every year because it just feels like the right time to organize! I recently came across the idea of doing a an annual makeup inventory and I wanted to share it with you.

Why would you take inventory of your makeup? Because besides items that you use everyday like foundation, you could have expired makeup wasting space in your makeup storage system. This is also a great way to decide which products that you would like to repurchase and which ones (brands, colors, etc) that just don't work for you.

After taking inventory and sorting out your makeup, you can always swap products that you don't care for with close friends (keep it sanitary). While a bright lipstick may not look good on you, it may be the perfect shade for your bestie!

My Inventory


Item
Quantity
Lipstick
10
Lip Gloss
12
Lip Stain/ Tint
8
Mascara
6
Fake Eyelashes
2 pairs
Concealer
3
Foundation (liquid)
2
Pressed Powder
2
Cheek Highlighter
1
Bronzer
2
Blush
6
BB Cream
2
Eyebrow Pencil
2
Setting Spray
1
Face Primer
1
Eye Primer
3
Eyeliner- Liquid
5
Eyeliner- Cream
6
Eyeliner- Pencil
7
Eye Shadow- Powder
135*
Eye Shadow- Cream
6
Eye Shadow- Cream Pencil
7

* Shadows are total number of individual colors in one pallet

After doing my inventory I realized that I should stop buying eye shadow for a while and use up what I have. Out of my makeup products, I only had two items that needed to be tossed. I also found some products that I need to use before they expire, so new mission for January!

**Thank you for reading. Will you be doing a makeup inventory for 2015? And, do you have as much eye shadow as me? I feel like buying pallets with 6-8 colors inside guarantees that you will have a ton of eye shadows that you probably don't even want!**

Comments

  1. I probably should do an inventory because I have a makeup case full of stuff but don't use some stuff at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will keep doing this for the years to come. I took photos of what I had too so that I could throw away anything that I still have next year. If I don't use it, I am purging it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor