Thrifty Thursday: Thrift Store Haul- Fall Decor

With the start of Fall next week, I wanted to go thrifting to see if I could find anything for my home.I love thrifting because you can get some unique pieces of clothing and/or decor items at an even better price. I went to my local Goodwill and I found some great items, all for under $5 a piece! I am going to show you what I got and how I used them. Hopefully my ideas will inspire you to thrift for your home and create your own looks!

Accent Piece Ideas



Faux Flower Pot
Price: $2.99

I loved this piece for both the price and look! The colors of the plant and flowers are great for fall and the height of the plant is perfect for a corner accent piece in any room. The pot is ceramic so it could be easily painted but I like the worn look so I will probably leave it. 

How I used it:

I put it in the corner of the living room on a small table. This piece is great because it takes up a lot of space on the table, yet it still leaves room for functionality.




  
Small Faux Flower Vase
Price: $1.99

I really loved this little flower because it looks so real! It is kind of awkwardly shaped so I knew when buying it that it would have to be an accent piece.










 

How I used it:
In my office to add some fall color to the room. It is pretty small so I wasn't sure what to do with it. I made it work by putting a smaller object next to it so the flowers looked fuller and continued to be the focal point of the area.











Coffee Table Centerpiece Idea


Wooden Serving Tray
Price: $1.99

This was a great find because it can be easily painted.









Faux Plant
Price: $1.99

I have no idea why anyone donated this to Goodwill, it is in perfect condition and looks real!








Leaf Candle Sleeve
Price: $0.99

This candle holder will fit a Bath and Body Works 3-Wick Candle! I see these quite often but never in such good condition. I know that in store, they are about $7 so this was another great find.






How I used them:
I love the idea of having something on the coffee table yet being able to use it so I made a centerpiece with these items. I didn't have a 3-wick candle so I used a flameless one for now.







I added some fake leaves that I had left over from my jar project to cover imperfections and add dimension. 








 Mantle or Bookshelf Idea

 
Faux Flower Vase
Price: $1.99

I was so lucky to find a flower in acrylic water! These are pretty expensive in the stores and kind of costly if you want to make your own. I could not get a close enough shot but the water actually has rocks in the bottom and really adds to the vase.









Square Vase
Price: $0.99

I had to get it because it had a unique shape and matched the flower vase perfectly! I used an assortment of old flowers that I had to fill it.





How I used them:
I am all about symmetry when decorating so I tried to make each side look as even as possible. My fireplace mantle is sloped outward at the wall and pretty small compared to most standard fireplaces so its hard to decorate this space. Of course I used my DIY jars from last week along with my new vases, and some leaf candles, leaf pieces, and pine cones that my daughter painted.



 
In total, I spent about $15 for these items. I love these pieces to welcome fall. I didn't want to overdue it with Fall decor because Halloween is right around the corner! So, next time that you are at the thrift store, walk through the home goods section, you never know what you will find.

**Leave your suggestions and comments below!! Thank you so much for reading, please add your email to subscribe on the home page**

Comments

  1. I have a pumpkin night light that would go great with your fall like if you can use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for little money! I love the coffee table tray and accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor