Thrifty Thursday: DIY Hacks

I love looking at pictures and reading about all of the life hacks that people come up with. I have chosen a few of my favorite life hacks that can be done for little to no money and put my own touch on them. Hacks are fun because the possibilities are endless, not to mention can save you some money.


Scarf Holder
Use shower rings from Dollar Tree on a hanger to hold scarves, belts, neck ties, baseball caps, or purses. If you want to keep your rings from sliding, secure with scotch tape.

You can either hang this at the end of your clothes rack or put a nail in the wall and hang it off of that.
















 
Personalized Keys
Get rid of these dumb plastic rings to remember which key is for what! Instead, use nail polish to create some great designs on your keys. And if you don't like the design, soak the key in polish remover and start again.







Use binder clips to hold up your keys when painting them. While the paint dries as fast as your nails would, I would wait at least 8 hours before re-adding them to your key ring to avoid scratching.









Add designs like stripes, hearts, polka dots, sports team logos, or just plain glitter top coat to create designs that cannot be duplicated.









Pants Hanger Bag Clips
I saw this on Pinterest and I had to include it! Simply cut off the ends of store pants hangers and you have two bag clips!









I actually didn't even need scissors, these just snapped right off.











This clip actually seems stronger than a clip that you would buy in the store. And since you already spent the money on pants, why not reuse the hanger instead of throwing it away!













Measuring Cup Storage
While there are so many more fancy ways to do this, I wanted to create this storage for a dollar so I got these generic command hooks from Dollar Tree. They come in a 9 pack and they are well worth the money because they work amazingly!












All I did was add these to the inside door of my baking cabinet and used a permanent marker to label the sizes. I have two sets of measuring cups and I was able to fit both on each hook size. And I still have 4 hooks left for another project, bonus!














 
Hair Tool Holder
I showed this in my blog entry yesterday but I love this idea so I wanted to include it in my home hacks. I got this magazine holder from Target's Dollar Spot last year for $2.50. It fits perfectly under my bathroom sink and is able to house my blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron.






Keep Knee-High Boots From Creasing
Use an old coloring book or magazine to keep the top of your knee-high boots from creasing.










Roll up your magazine and place one in each boot.










Keep your boots looking like new :)

















Bonus Tip:

How to Keep Cookies Soft
Add a piece of bread to the container when baked cookies begin to harden. Do not put any cookies directly on the bread or they will turn mushy. I just came across this situation so I wanted to throw it in here.















**Let me know in the comments which hack you will be trying! Also, let me know if you would like to see more videos like this. Thanks for reading!**

Comments

  1. What great ideas!! I love the scarf holder and so cheap! The nail polish on the keys is a very good idea. Those colored rings are always coming off. I just bought pj's and the bottoms were on a pants hanger. I threw it out but retrieved it after reading your blog! But mine won't just snap right off. I'm going to have to work at this. I absolutely LOVE your ideas, smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always commenting Patty J!! Save those hangers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the measuring hook idea, mine are always on the counter and have to look for the size I need all the time, this way they are off the counter and I just go to the size I need, thanks for the great tips,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Those hooks are a regular item at Dollar Tree and are near the kitchen section. I was going to use mailing labels but it just worked out that there was enough space to write on them and still see the sizes with the cups on the hooks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor