Trial Tuesday: Using Toothpaste As Spackle


Do you normally keep wall Spackle in your house? I do because I am constantly moving pictures around when I add new decor or move furniture around. Recently I added some pictures to my hallway and needed to fill the holes. So instead of running for the Spackle, I decided to do a trial.

I recently came across a Pin showing someone using toothpaste to fill a nail hole and of course I wondered if it worked! If you are curious if it did, keep reading!

TRIAL

The Hole



I used Arm and Hammer with Baking Soda (Toothpaste) to fill the nail hole.


RESULTS

After One Hour
I was impressed! The hole seemed to be filling.


After Four Hours
When the toothpaste dried completely, the hole was still there.


So I added more toothpaste to try and even it out.


Four More Hours Later 
After 8 hours and two layers of application, I still had a hole. The toothpaste became clear after drying.


CONCLUSION: Partial Fail!

I think that this method would work if you were filling a smaller hole, but for a full sized nail hole it would be a fail. I ended up using my Spackle in the end.

**Thanks for reading. Have you tried any other ways to fill nail holes? Let me know in the comments below! I saw a bar soap method, so I just may need to try-al that method... get it?**

Comments

  1. I've read about toothpaste being used as Spackle and I wondered. Now I know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave your comments below letting me know what you want to see next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor