Thrifty Thursday: Thrifted Corner Shelf Refinish

For the past month or so, I have been looking for sturdy corner shelves to hang in my bathroom. The ones that I have come across have been too big, too small, to expensive, or too cheap. Then one day I was at Value Village on half-price Saturday and came across this wooden shelf:

$1.75 (Regularly $3.50)
It was at that moment that I decided I would skip buying new shelving and refinish this one to put in my bathroom.Since I had some left over spray paint at home, this new shelf would only cost me less than $2.00!


Spray Painting
Spray Paint with Primer is the best type of spray paint to use, especially on wood. One of my favorite brands is Rust-Oleum for the variety of styles and colors that the brand offers. Since my bathroom is a beach theme, I decided to use plain white on the shelf.


After Two Coats
My shelf looked like this:


I ended up doing three coats in the end just because I will be keeping the shelf in the bathroom.


Adding Hardware
My shelf did not come with hooks so I added my own.

Find these in most picture hanging kits

I put one hanger on each side

The Finished Shelf
Still not hung! But that will be happening this weekend.



I know that this was a simple project but I wanted to show just how easy that a little spray paint can take something old and make it look brand new. Almost anything can be spray painted, just read the can when you go to buy your paint.


**Are you a big fan of spray painting? What is your favorite kind? Let me know in the comments below. I LOVE the metallic spray paints and use them often. Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend!!**

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor