Thrifty Thursday: DIY Bird Feeder


Recently, I came across this Pin on Pinterest which showed one way that you could repurpose a teacup and saucer:


And I thought to myself, how adorable! I wanted to recreate this to add to my garden so I headed to the thrift store.

What You Will Need:

  • Teacup and Saucer
  • Hot Glue or E-6000
  • Twine
  • Spray Paint (optional)

Unfortunately for me on the day that I went thrifting I could only find one teacup (pictured below), but it was only $0.25 for the set. I figured that I could spray paint them so I bought them.


1. Clean your dishes. Apply glue to the center of the plate.



2. Place your cup on the plate sideways, with the handle facing upward and hold firmly.


And you should end up with something like this:


Optional Step
3. Spray your cup with your spray paint color of choice. I had this white so I just used it.




4. Use twine to make a rope to hang your bird feeder. Use hot glue and wrap the twine for a secure hold.


And you're done!


I still need to buy some wild bird seed. I have a bird house in my backyard so this is going to go right next to that. Birds are great for keeping bugs out of your garden, I have heard, so I don't mind attracting them to my yard.

**What DIY projects would you like me to try next? What do you think of this feeder? Should I add to it or leave it white? Let me know in the comments below. Have a great weekend!**

Comments

  1. Very cute bird feeder! I'd leave it white but maybe add more cups and saucer feeders around the yard. When you attract lots of birds though, you'll be refilling those very often (cause they don't hold much seed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a bird feeder already so this is a second. I love your input, I should definitely just make more! Thanks for reading, Patty!!

      Delete
  2. I love it and will be making some of these for sure, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Gail. Thanks for the feedback and reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic