Trial Tuesday: Hazy Headlight Hack


So, I will start by saying that my car has the MOST hazy headlights ever! I have no idea why and comparing other cars of the same model, I think that mine are just defective or something. For this reason, I am always looking for ways to clean my headlights.

I have tried the store bought products and while they work for a bit, the shine never lasts. And, at $6 a bottle, it just seems like a waste of money. For this reason, I needed to find a hack to clean my headlights.I came across a Pin that said that you could use toothpaste to clean hazy headlights. I decided that I needed to put that to the test!

What You Will Need

  • Toothpaste
  • A scrubbing pad (not scouring)
  • Water
  • Clean washcloth or paper towel


Before



1. Apply toothpaste to your headlight.



2. Gently scrub the toothpaste all over the headlight.



3. Allow the toothpaste to sit for a few minutes.



4. Use the water and washcloth or paper towel to remove the toothpaste.

After


Result: PASS

This method works well! I am not sure how long it will last but using toothpaste is definitely cheaper than products that can be purchased at the store.

**Do you have hazy headlights? Will you try this method? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!**

Comments

  1. Never heard of this before! How long did the shine last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say like 2 weeks. I have done this before, I really feel that it varies with what type of toothpaste. Whitening toothpastes leave more shine. Cheap toothpaste works too but lasts for less time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Monday: DIY- Makeup Storage Jars

Thrifty Thursday: Christmas Door Decor

Trial Tuesday: Removing Printed Labels From Plastic